Just a few things about me, in case you were wondering.
On the internet:
- I typically go by the moniker “Taxes” on places like Steam and Battle.net and other online services. It doesn’t have any special meaning, it was just a name I chose out of the blue for a Dungeons & Dragons character that I really enjoyed playing. It is amusing that sometimes I get followed by random people on Twitter looking for actual tax information.
- I use this blog to post about random things, but usually focused on games and programming.
- I have a Twitter account that I sometimes post things to: @Taxes_dev
- I also have a GitHub account (taxes-dev) that has some code.
- I’m generally friendly. If you want to chat over Twitter, feel free.
In real life:
- I was a software engineer (mostly web and other internet stuff, some games) for two decades, and now I’m a program manager. If you care about the professional stuff, go here.
- I’m a woman married to another woman and a native Texan.
- I have a couple of dogs. They’re cute.
- I like anime and My Little Pony.
- Sometimes I bake cookies.
- Full disclosure: I work for Blizzard Entertainment. But this blog is obviously my personal space, and my opinions are not my employer’s. I generally try my best to call it out when I’m promoting something that benefits me financially.